I will teach you how one can make pages with static content.
To begin with, make sure you log in to your web site Administration Area.
Then choose Content –> Article Manager. At the same time, it is possible to click on Article Manager icon in your Administration home website page. Within Article Manager you might discover a list of your web site content webpages. But if your in the beginning stages this might be a listing of most of the default Joomla articles. You are able to select the checkbox on the left, pick the ones you don’t need published, next on the top right, press “unpublish.”
To design a new web page, mouse click New at the top right of the webpage.
At this point you are on a website page where you may produce your content. You will see certain fields:
* Title: Give the website page a title. It should be brief and also detailed (ex: ‘About Us’);
* Alias: You can also make a title to the point on your page. In case you leave this field blank Joomla will set up an alias through the page title changing spaces by hyphens. (i.e.: about-us when your page title is ‘About Us’);
* Section: Select a category to your website page. If you don’t have any, select ‘Uncategorized’. This field is required and your article won’t be published if you leave ‘-Select Section-’ value in the field;
* Published: Here you could change your web page publish state. You can check ‘No’ radio press button if you do not desire your content to be published. This area is set as ‘Yes’ automatically;
* Front Page: This field tells whether your webpage will be viewable on the front page of your website or otherwise;
* Category: Pick a category for the static content material webpage. When you’ve got no categories or don’t need your article to be in any category, select’Uncategorized’;
* Text: Type your own text right here. Here’s the static web page. You may use the TinyMCE provided editor or download some rather enhanced editors and employ them to create your own pages. We advocate to give JCE a test.
On the right side you observe the article’s overview and 3 sections pertaining to advanced controls.
Setting the Parameters (Article):
* Author: You should have various authors on your site therefore if you want to individualize your write-up, pick a name within the list;
* Author Alias: The same as with Article Alias – ensure it is understandable or Joomla ! will do that for you. This is going to help when you’ve got many authors writing for ones webpage;
* Access Level: Right here you’ve got three alternatives: Public, Registered and Specials. Choose who’ll see your article and who will not;
* Created date: While default the current time is placed with this area. Yet you may create make it published earlier.
* Start Publishing: Modify this particular date if you want your article to be released afterwards. It will be published at time chosen;
* Finish Publishing: When you require the web page to end up being released for just a limited time type right here the actual date (and hour) if you want an article to be unpublished. This particular characteristic is also automated.
The vast majority of these fields happen to be established as ‘Use Global’. The easiest way will be to set the most suitable fields in Parameters (it appear in Article Manager) and customize a variety of them for each and every article when necessary. I will summarizethe actual function of every field in another tutorial.
* Description: It’s a field when you type in written text for your meta description tag. It is significant to make it informative in addition to describing the information of the web page. Ensure that it stays detailed along with short about 156 characters.
* Keywords: Right here you can include keywords your website page will be optimized for search engines. They are included with your meta keywords tag. A number of authorities think keywords are no longer utilised by search engines; and we would certainly concur; however, you can still include them if you like.
* Author: This field will add meta author tag for a webpage. Virtually pointless through the Website seo position seeing that search engines does not pay that attention to all meta tags.
* Robots: You ought to limit crawlers’ the means to access your own content material which is not for any individual to find on a search engine. If that’s so, you should put values “noindex, nofollow”. There’s just 4 values in this field – index, noindex, follow, nofollow. But you need to use only 2 of these separated by comma.
Whenever done, it is important to check your spelling, examine just about all fields and click on ‘Save’.
You now are done with your new ‘About Us’ webpage and it is time to develop a Menu hyperlink for this webpage.